June 7, 2011

Mermaids

The swim lessons have begun!  They both did great for their first lesson of the year.  Although both girls were a little fussy, they completed each task and there were no actual tears!  I have some hope that Abby might be swimming on her own by the end of the summer.  My hope for Mia is to learn safety and to help her feel more comfortable in the water.  The swim school they are taking lessons from is really great and yes, they require the swim caps!  Abby's swim teacher is a "BOY" and she thinks that is pretty cool!  When I called to sign them up,  I requested a teacher who would be good with a child that is terrified of swimming.  I have to say that I was very surprised with how well he did with her.  Mia's teacher is very soft spoken but yet seemed to pick up very quickly that Mia is a spit fire!


(If you want to watch the video without the music from the blog, scroll down to the bottom of the page and turn the music off or else it will interfere with the video sound)








Mia's face is so small and the swim cap is so big it pushes her eyes down and she looks like a little bull dog!


No comments: