June 2, 2011

Downtown Spray Fun

To fight summer boredom, I took Abby and Mia to the spray park downtown. The first time we ever went was three summers ago, the day I found out I was pregnant with Mia.  It was my birthday and to celebrate we took Abby downtown to play in the water and to eat.  At that time the cement was very smooth and when the water hit it became slippery.  I was unprepared and did not have Abby in water shoes, so she took one step out onto the cement and slipped landing on her back and slamming her head into the pavement as the water sprayed over her.  I, in a state of panic, went flying down the grassy hill to save my daughter but ended up slipping on the pavement.  We were not graceful, or cute at that moment... we were a total mess.  We ended up going home without playing (or eating) to mend Abby's wounds and my ego.
Lesson learned, we never go to any spray park with out water shoes.  This year, I splurged and bought the girls some Keens.  So far they love them and no one slipped at the spray park, so I consider that money well spent!

Abby went right in
It took Mia some convincing to get in but then...
She ventured out to the center when the water was off not thinking it would come back on.  She was committed at this point!

Can you see Mia giggling?





No comments: