February 4, 2011

"Momma, I'm BORED!"

Abby and Mia have been very "BORED" this month.   With the exception of a few unusually warm days, we have experienced quite a bit of snow!  I have not been very creative, in fact I have been down right lazy with the girls lately.   So when Shawn called today at 11:00 a.m. to tell me he was headed home from work, I was so excited!  I jumped up, got the girls dressed and I even managed to take a shower... isn't he a lucky guy?!   We were still a little "BORED" but at least I had some adult conversation to keep me happy and the girls magically had a snowman named "Frostina" appear in their backyard!


 To make matters worse, Abby is not feeling her best...
and Mia can't seem to stay dressed.

In other news, a very special little girl is turning 4 in just a few short weeks!  She has been planning her birthday party for 11 months and is excited that we have finally hit the "hearts month" as she likes to call it. I had been planning a Fancy Nancy birthday party for about 10 months, however the party girl had something else in mind once she saw the new Pottery Barn for kids magazine that came in the mail with Valentine's Day decor. In an effort to save a little and have some fun, I have decided to make a few of the decorations and Abby has taken on the task of making some of the party favors for her class.  

Abby is getting pretty good at stealing the camera and taking candid shots! Can you tell I am a little stressed about this party?

And if you were wondering how the house was coming along.... the girls are now sharing a very pink room with surf board decor. I am not done decorating the walls and I still have not hung their curtains; however, I am feeling better that they are no longer sleeping in a room decorated for a little boy.
A special thanks to Memaw for helping paint!

Shawn and I also bought a special present for ourselves.  I decided I wanted the flat screen hung over our fireplace; however,  I am having some reservations due to the wires that we were unable to hide.  We will now be cutting into the drywall and hiring an electrician.  Shawn is very pleased about that, just ask him!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Like the new layout! No worries, Luke won't stay dressed either! Cute pics as usual!!