May 27, 2011

Last Day of School

When I was little, I was so excited for summer to come.  I loved sleeping in till noon, being lazy, playing in the sprinkler, or going up to the pool.  Life could not get any better.  I did not mind being bored, in fact I thrived on boredom!
Abby hates to be bored.  She has been out of school for two days now and is already complaining.  She misses her friends and teacher.  She actually cried on Wednesday night when I told her that it was summer and she did not have to go to school anymore.  She said "But I am going to be so bored staying home all day".  Today she has painted, colored, and played with moon dough but is still BORED!
 Little does she know that her summer schedule is almost booked.  With swimming lessons, soccer camp, and vacation bible school not to mention trips to Nashville, Lindale, and two trips to Edmond we hardly have a week off.
I hope she enjoys her summer, I know Mia and I are really happy to have her home all day!

Abby on her first day of school and on her last day. 

Abby and her teacher Mrs. Beth

No comments: