March 22, 2011

The inside of Nemo's tank

Shawn and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary this past week.  For a present to him, I decided to paint the laundry room.  Yes... Shawn does about 94% of the laundry in the Whiteley household, give or take a few.  If it were up to me, I would skip folding clothes and just pull from the dryer whatever it is I need for the day.  Not to mention Shawn is super picky on how towels and clothes should be folded, so I leave the job mostly up to him.
So back to the laundry room....
Shawn hated how dark and little it was, so I decided to have Shawn pull out a shelf and I painted the room a pretty blue.  

His response: "Looks like the inside of Nemo's tank"!  
We still need to add a horizontal shelf instead of the vertical one but I love it already... maybe I will start doing more laundry!  But I doubt it.

We also spiced up our bedroom a bit this weekend.  No, no, get your head out of the gutter...we added new curtains.  
It's not a secret that my favorite home decor stores are: Pottery Barn, Anthropologie, and Hobby Lobby.  If I could, I would decorate my entire house and myself with items from Anthropologie.  Shawn hears the word and cringes because it is not cheap.  I always check out the sale items and last week noticed they had a few curtains on sale.  So, I called up a friend of mine (Christina), who I am convinced sees color differently than most people, for help.  She guided me in the right direction and now these babies are hanging in our bedroom...

They match the Pottery Barn pillows and quilt perfectly and were the same price I would have paid if I bought from JC Penny, so Shawn was pleased!  

Happy Anniversary Shawn, I love you!



  

No comments: