July 9, 2010

My Little Fish

Today, my little fish was not happy to be in the water.  Before we got out of the car she told me "Momma I don't want to die".  I didn't even know she knew what dying was, but it broke my heart to hear her say it.  She whined throughout the lesson but did not scream, even after the teacher took her under water a few times.  I was very impressed with this place.  The teacher, Ms. Angel, knew what she was doing and even got a few smiles out of Abby.  My favorite part of the lesson was the kitty swim cap (its a requirement for the pool).    



2 comments:

Laura said...

Hopefully it will get better with each lesson! What is up with the swim cap? Do they think her hair is dangerous???

Unknown said...

They say it is to keep the kids warm and to prevent clogs in the drain. The teachers are really good at putting it on. It would take me a year to get that on her head but Mss. Angle had it on her in two seconds!