September 21, 2011

Busy little babies!!

We have been busy around here lately.  Mondays and Thursdays are completely chaotic with school and after school activities.  I try and keep Tuesdays and Fridays low key and stay around the house as much as possible.  Weekends are now consumed with Abby's soccer games, small projects around the house, and church on Sundays.  Oh, and did I mention that I am now helping out with Wednesday night choir for Abby's class?  If you stood by me at any point in high school choir, you are probably thinking to yourself, "What crazy person made that decision? Somebody needs a hearing test!" I actually did a few "LA, LA, LA's " in front of Abby and her class.  After singing the notes, I glanced over at my four year old hoping to get some encouragement or a smile.  Instead, she started giggling and hiding her face from the other kids.  I think this next class I will stick to crowd control!

As I have mentioned before, Abby loves soccer.  If you ask her what her favorite part of playing soccer is she will tell you "break time"!  Shawn describes her soccer style as "Intoxicated soccer" which I would actually agree with.  She has no interest in kicking the ball or even looking for the ball.  In fact, if the ball is put in front of her she does not even realize it, she is too busy looking at the clouds or trying to hold hands with the other little girls on the team or just aimlessly running around on the field.  But she is HAPPY, and running, and enjoying the fresh air, and socializing!  Abby has no cares in the world, and all of this makes Shawn and I happy and soooo proud of our little soccer player!
You might be wondering what Mia does during Abby's soccer game.  Most of the time we have to try to keep her off the field.  That girl wants to play soccer in a bad way! 


One activity that Mia gets to participate in this year is dance!  Both girls really love tap and ballet.  Unfortunately , I have to sit out in a waiting room and watch them from a split screen TV with about 25 other moms.  But as far as I can tell, they are really enjoying themselves and Mia is actually following directions!  


And who ever designed the first leotard, tights, and ballet shoes deserves a gold star in my book.  My heart melts every time I see my girls in them!  



1 comment:

Laura said...

Love their entire dance ensemble including the bags!! Miss you all :-(