August 13, 2010

Boston

Our last few days in New England were spent in Bean Town (aka Boston).  After our drive in from Maine, the girls were ready to take a tour of Boston via Dukw (Ducks). Dukws are buses that turn into boats and were used in WWII.  They are currently being used as tour guides in cities across the US.  On the tour we drove into the Charles river, which Abby thought was pretty cool!


After the tour we meet up with a friend of mine, Katherine, who I have known since high school and was also one of my collage roommates.  Katherine has been living in Boston for almost 4 years, so I was excited to introduce her to Abby and Mia.
Our last day of vacation was spent exploring Boston Gardens and visiting the aquarium.  The girls had a great time in Boston Gardens playing on the ducks. When we headed over to the aquarium, I forgot to take my camera, so you can just imagine the fish we came into contact with :)

Overall, it was a great vacation.  Shawn and I have learned it is a lot harder traveling as a family of four as oppose to a family of two!  When we arrived back home we were exhausted and hit with the reality that our house is a disaster!  

No comments: